we are on our way
Issuing recommendations for both the private and public sectors, to solve local environmental and biological issues, through scientific seminars and meetings held by the society every year, and in which researchers specialized in various fields.
Providing consultations and studies, and preparing research in the various fields of specialization of its members, for the institutions of the private and public sectors.
- Encouraging the participation of members of government and private institutions, in the meetings and the forums held by the society, in order to achieve the intended benefits, and uplift and develop work performance.
- Displaying the results of studies, research, and experiments carried out by the members of the society in the different fields, through publishing them in the Journal of Biology the society issues periodically.
- Preparing specialized reports and studies in the following fields:
- Types of plants that are affected by certain irrigation methods, and the publication of the names of specific compounds causing allergenic effects.
- Types of dates and their locations, and identifying the highest quality dates according to their nutritional content.
- Providing studies, research, and reports in the field of water, soil, and air pollution.
- Types of fish, and their nutritional value.
- Economical plants being farmed, and ways for evaluating them in the field of water, soil, and air pollution.
- Providing studies and consultations in the field of desertification.
- Molecular Identification using RAPD Markers.
- DNA Fingerprinting using Microsatellite (SSR) Markers.
- Bioinformatics Tool for Molecular Diversity Analysis.
- The society holds many courses, such as:
- Detecting parasitic worms.
- Using the electron microscope.
- Classification of plants and animals.
- Biological studies, at different levels and in accordance with the different sections of the society, especially in the field of natural resource preservation.
- Identifying poisonous plants and animals, and the dangers they pose.
- Participating in research related to plant physiology and (water and heat) stress.
- Carrying out research connected to tissue culture, and the production of commercially important plant varieties.
- Carrying out physiology research on dates and on seeds (after harvesting, and during storing and manufacturing).
- Studying the nutrition of organic and non-organic plants in open and covered farms.
- Evaluating and refereeing scientific research articles produced by research centers and universities.
- Studying and classifying different micro-organisms (Algae-Bacteria-Fungi-Viruses).
- Evaluating methods used in isolating and purifying milk and its products (as well as other food substances), from bacteria and similar organisms.
- Testing new antibiotics, and studying their efficacy.
- Studying natural phenomena caused by bacteria such as fires.
- Roles played by bacteria, algae, and fungi in different industries.
- The role played by bacteria in the decomposition of metal and petroleum products.